By Adam Nathan
Full colour: tips on how to construct nice home windows shop apps! Figures and code seem as they do in visible Studio.
Windows 8.1 allows you to construct beautiful functions that combine with one another, internet providers, and home windows itself. you could promote them within the home windows shop, with extra thoughts than ever ahead of, for drugs similar to floor, laptops, and standard computer desktops! World-renowned Microsoft programming guru Adam Nathan exhibits you precisely the right way to write firstclass apps for this important replace to home windows. Don’t permit the minor identify swap idiot you--Windows 8.1 comprises a major volume of latest developer possibilities in comparison to home windows 8.
Clear, obtainable, and very useful, this advisor teaches via concise code examples, in complete colour to compare their visual appeal in visible Studio--the comparable technique that made Nathan’s WPF Unleashed so well known. Writing with unheard of intensity and perception, Nathan courses you thru developing complex person interfaces with XAML and exploiting key home windows 8.1 gains. no matter if you’re already pleased with Microsoft programming or quite new to it, home windows 8.1 Apps with XAML and C# Unleashed will take you to the innovative of home windows 8.1 improvement.
Detailed info on how to...
- Use XAML to symbolize cutting-edge consumer interfaces, even throughout a number of windows
- Handle contact, mouse, keyboard, and pen enter, together with handwriting recognition
- Use new home windows 8.1 controls for growing hubs, flyouts, higher app bars, acting in-app searches, rendering PDFs, and lots more and plenty more
- Encode, decode, and transcode multimedia content material and speech-enable your app
- Leverage wealthy XAML vector photos and animation
- Interact with integrated performance resembling the digicam app, dossier picker, the lock monitor, new contacts and appointments integration, and more
- Exploit the home windows 8.1 charms bar
- Integrate DirectX images seamlessly
- Work with the wealthy set of accessible sensors: accelerometer, compass, mild sensor, situation (with geofencing support), proximity, and more
- Control units corresponding to fingerprint readers, photograph and bar code scanners, magnetic stripe readers, and customized Bluetooth, USB, concealed, or wireless Direct devices
- Get to grips with the main strong instruments within the Hadoop atmosphere, together with typhoon and Spark
- Learn every little thing you want to take keep watch over of huge Data
- A fast paced trip during the key beneficial properties of Hadoop
This e-book jumps into the area of Hadoop and its instruments, that will help you the way to use them successfully to optimize and increase how you deal with titanic Data.
Starting with the basics Hadoop YARN, MapReduce, HDFS, and different very important parts within the Hadoop atmosphere, you'll soon research many fascinating issues akin to MapReduce styles, information administration, and real-time info research utilizing Hadoop. additionally, you will discover a few of the top facts processing instruments together with Hive and Pig, and the right way to use Sqoop and Flume, of the main strong applied sciences used for information ingestion. With additional suggestions on facts streaming and real-time analytics with typhoon and Spark, Hadoop Essentials is a competent and correct source for an individual who is familiar with the problems - and possibilities - provided via tremendous information today.
With this advisor, you are going to boost your self belief with Hadoop, and be capable of use the information and abilities you discover ways to effectively harness its extraordinary capabilities.
What you'll learn
- Get to grips with the basics of Hadoop, and instruments similar to HDFS, MapReduce, and YARN
- Learn how one can use Hadoop for real-world massive info projects
- Improve the functionality of your gigantic facts architecture
- Find out easy methods to get the main from facts processing instruments reminiscent of Hive and Pig
- Learn the best way to free up real-time large info analytics with Apache Spark
About the Author
Shiva Achari has greater than eight years of intensive event and is at the moment operating as an immense facts Architect advisor with businesses comparable to Oracle and Teradata. through the years, he has architected, designed, and built a number of leading edge and high-performance large-scale recommendations, reminiscent of allotted structures, info facilities, massive info administration instruments, SaaS cloud functions, web functions, and knowledge Analytics solutions.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to important info and Hadoop
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Pillars of Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, and YARN
- Data entry parts Hive and Pig
- Storage part HBase
- Data Ingestion in Hadoop Sqoop and Flume
- Streaming and Real-time research typhoon and Spark
By Todd Tomlinson
This publication specializes in the nontechnical consumer who's accountable for development, conserving, and dealing with Drupal websites. The e-book covers why you want to think about using Drupal whilst construction a brand new site, what Drupal is, fitting and configuring Drupal, developing and dealing with content material, coping with clients, including performance in your site via Drupal modules, and extra complicated subject matters on utilizing subject matters, panels, and perspectives. through studying this publication, you will:
- Understand why you can use Drupal and the facility of the platform.
- Quickly construct self belief on your skill to take advantage of Drupal.
- Gain the information essential to construct, installation, and deal with websites of average complexity on Drupal 7.
By Jeffrey J. McConnell
The objective of research of Algorithms is to elevate know-how of the influence that algorithms have at the potency of a application and to improve the mandatory talents to research basic algorithms utilized in courses. The textual content provides the fabric with the expectancy that it can be utilized with lively and cooperative studying technique, in keeping with the idea that scholars research extra successfully and keep extra info longer after they are energetic individuals within the studying method. built to supply scholars a number of possibilities for lively and cooperative studying. to complete this, the chapters are transparent and entire to inspire scholars to arrange by way of analyzing sooner than category, and the textual content is full of fascinating examples and routines that examine the potency of varied algorithms to resolve an issue.
By Dayle Rees
"Web program improvement with the Laravel framework model four for beginners."
This identify is the successor to Laravel: Code chuffed, which offered virtually 3000 copies final yr, and used to be one in all the pinnacle studying assets for the Laravel framework. At $29 and less expensive than a great pizza, you'll get the booklet in its present partial shape, besides all destiny chapters, updates, and fixes at no cost. As of the day I final up-to-date this description, Code vivid had 260 pages and was once simply getting began. to offer you a few viewpoint on how designated it's, Code satisfied used to be 127 pages in its whole state.
Leanpub, the net shop, permits authors to replace their books indefinitely.
This model was once published by means of the writer on 2013-07-14.
By Herbert Schildt
The such a lot complete C# source Available
With its aid for Language-Integrated question (LINQ), C# 3.0 has revolutionized C# programming, and bestselling writer Herb Schildt has up to date and accelerated his vintage programming connection with conceal it. utilizing conscientiously crafted causes, insider information, and thousands of examples, this e-book offers in-depth insurance of all points of C#, together with its keyword phrases, syntax, and middle libraries. in fact, info at the new C# 3.0 gains, comparable to LINQ, lambda expressions, implicitly typed variables, and nameless kinds are included.
Essential for each C# programmer, this finished consultant is written within the transparent, crisp, uncompromising type that has made Herb the alternative of hundreds of thousands around the globe. no matter if you're a amateur programmer or a professional seasoned, the solutions to all your C# questions are available during this definitive resource.
Data kinds and operators
Classes and objects
Constructors, destructors, and methods
Interfaces, arrays, enumerations, and structures
Method and operator overloading
Inheritance and digital methods
Reflection and runtime variety ID
Exception dealing with
Delegates, houses, occasions, and indexers
LINQ (Language-Integrated Query)
Implicitly typed variables
I/O, networking, and collections
The preprocessor and lots more and plenty, a lot more
By Mike Westerfield
Why easily play song or go surfing in case you can use your iPhone or iPad for a few rather enjoyable initiatives, reminiscent of construction a steel detector, hacking a radio keep an eye on truck, or monitoring a version rocket in flight? the way to construct those and different cool issues by utilizing iOS gadget sensors and cheap resembling Arduino and a Bluetooth Low strength (LE) Shield.
This hands-on booklet exhibits you the way to jot down easy functions with techBASIC, an Apple-approved improvement surroundings that runs on iOS units. by utilizing code and instance courses equipped into techBASIC, you’ll methods to write apps at once in your Apple machine and feature it have interaction with different hardware.
- Build a steel detector with the iOS magnetometer
- Use the HiJack platform to create a plant moisture sensor
- Put your iPhone on a small rocket to gather acceleration and rotation data
- Hack a radio regulate truck with Arduino and Bluetooth LE
- Create an arcade video game with an iPad controller and iPhone paddles
- Control a sweet computer with an iOS machine, a micro servo, and a WiFi connection
By Sau Sheong Chang
If you're fascinated about how issues paintings, this enjoyable and interesting advisor may also help you discover actual solutions to daily difficulties. through the use of basic math and doing easy programming with the Ruby and R languages, you'll version an issue and paintings towards a solution.
All you would like is a simple knowing of programming. After a brief creation to Ruby and R, you'll discover quite a lot of questions by means of studying find out how to gather, procedure, simulate, and study the to be had information. You'll learn how to see daily issues in a distinct standpoint via basic courses and customary experience good judgment. when you end this booklet, you can start your individual trip of exploration and discovery.
Here are a number of the questions you'll explore:
*Determine what percentage restroom stalls can accommodate an workplace with 70 employees
*Mine your e-mail to appreciate your specific emailing habits
*Use uncomplicated audio and video recording units to calculate your center rate
*Create a man-made society—and study its behavioral styles to benefit how particular components have an effect on our genuine society
By Christopher Duffy
Utilize Python scripting to execute powerful and effective penetration tests
About This Book
- Understand how and the place Python scripts meet the necessity for penetration testing
- Familiarise your self with the method of highlighting a particular technique to take advantage of an atmosphere to fetch severe data
- Develop your Python and penetration trying out talents with real-world examples
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a defense specialist or researcher, with wisdom of other working platforms and a conceptual notion of penetration trying out, and also you want to develop your wisdom in Python, then this e-book is perfect for you.
What you are going to Learn
- Familiarise your self with the iteration of Metasploit source files
- Use the Metasploit distant technique name (MSFRPC) to automate make the most new release and execution
- Use Python's Scrapy, community, socket, workplace, Nmap libraries, and customized modules
- Parse Microsoft place of work spreadsheets and eXtensible Markup Language (XML) information files
- Write buffer overflows and opposite Metasploit modules to extend capabilities
- Exploit distant dossier Inclusion (RFI) to realize administrative entry to platforms with Python and different scripting languages
- Crack an organization's net perimeter
- Chain exploits to realize deeper entry to an organization's resources
- Interact with internet companies with Python
Python is a strong new-age scripting platform so as to construct exploits, overview companies, automate, and hyperlink recommendations conveniently. Python is a multi-paradigm programming language well matched to either object-oriented software improvement in addition to practical layout styles. as a result of the energy and suppleness provided through it, Python has turn into probably the most renowned languages used for penetration testing.
This ebook highlights how one can assessment a company methodically and realistically. particular tradecraft and strategies are coated that exhibit you precisely whilst and the place instruments can and may be used and whilst Python matches a necessity that proprietary and open resource strategies do not.
Initial method, and Python basics are proven after which outfitted on. particular examples are created with weak method photos, that are on hand to the group to check scripts, recommendations, and exploits. This e-book walks you thru real-world penetration trying out demanding situations and the way Python can help.
From begin to end, the publication takes you thru easy methods to create Python scripts that meet relative wishes that may be tailored to specific occasions. As chapters growth, the script examples clarify new techniques to reinforce your foundational wisdom, culminating with you with the ability to construct multi-threaded defense instruments, hyperlink safeguard instruments jointly, automate reviews, create customized exploits, and extend Metasploit modules.
Style and approach
This publication is a pragmatic advisor to help you turn into higher penetration testers and/or Python protection software builders. each one bankruptcy builds on ideas and tradecraft utilizing certain examples in attempt environments so that you can simulate.
By Jeannie Novak
Online game improvement necessities: An advent, 2d version deals an intensive and insightful advent to the sport improvement undefined, with updates that would retain readers present and well-prepared for a profession within the box. The e-book starts off with a hugely informative bankruptcy at the evolution of online game improvement, supplying a ancient context for later chapters, and strikes directly to study content material production and the suggestions at the back of the improvement of tale, personality, surroundings, point layout, consumer interface, and sound. With an identical enticing writing sort and examples that made the 1st version so renowned, this re-creation positive factors extended assurance of modern-day most popular issues - similar to next-generation structures (Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii), point layout, interface layout, venture administration, critical video games, video game accessibility, and on-line social networks. New game-related know-how, improvement thoughts, and the most recent study within the box make this a useful source for an individual getting into the fascinating, aggressive, ever-changing international of online game improvement.